For secure wireless access to your SonicWALL wireless product, you will need to download and install the client locally on your system.
Instructions for downloading and installing the SonicWALL Global VPN Client:
DOWNLOAD THE GLOBAL VPN CLIENT
The software can be found on your Firmware and Documentation CD provided in the box, or click here
to download the Global VPN Client software. (Alert! You must use a zip program to unzip the SonicWALL Global VPN Client program files before installing it.)
INSTALLING THE GLOBAL VPN CLIENT
When you configure the WLAN port on the SonicWALL, WiFiSec is enabled by default. The Global VPN Client software is required to securely connect wireless computers to the SonicWALL. The software can be found on your Firmware and Documentation CD provided in the box. Copy the software to your wireless computer and follow the instructions below. The User Name and Password from the Setup Wizard is needed to log onto the network after installing the Global VPN Client.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
- Windows 98 SE, Windows ME, Windows NT 4.0 (service pack 6 or later), Windows 2000 Professional (service pack 3 or later), Windows XP Professional, or Windows XP Home Edition.
- An active Internet or dial-up connection
- SonicWALL Global VPN Client program
QUICK START INSTALLATION
Alert! Remove any installed VPN client program before installing the SonicWALL Global VPN Client.
- Double-click setup.exe
- The Installation Wizard launches
- Click Next to continue installation of the VPN Client
- Close all applications and disable any disk protection and personal firewall software running on your computer. Click Next to continue.
- Select I accept the terms of the license agreement. Click Next to continue.
- Click Next to accept the default location and continue installation
- Click Install to install the Global VPN Client files on your computer
- Select Start VPN Global Client Automatically when users log in to automatically launch the VPN Global Client when you log onto the computer, if desired.
- Select Launch program now to automatically launch the Global VPN Client after finishing the installation
- Click Finish to complete the installation
Discus Systems - providing support throughout the West Midlands, covering Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield, Lichfield, Tamworth, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Bromsgrove and Redditch.