Cannot sync with RoboForm Online Posted by Damien Biddulph on Mon 15th Jan 2018
If you have received the error "Can not create folder C:/Users/Username/AppData/Local/RoboForm/_mirrors_/rf-home-root: Access is denied. (error 5)'
This is related to the Windows Fall Creator update.
Follow the steps below to fix the issue............
1. Restart in Safe Mode with Networking on the Windows account in question. If you are not familiar with starting your pc in Safe Mode please use this link for the steps. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode
2. Navigate to C:/Users/Your Windows Username/AppData/Local/RoboForm/ then from here delete the mirrors folder.
3. Launch the Taskbar Icon from the Start Menu
4. Login to RoboForm with the Master Password
5. Select the RoboForm icon>>Sync>>Sync Now
(RoboForm will sync successfully and recreate the folder with the appropriate permissions.)
6. Restart in normal/standard Windows mode
7. Select RoboForm>>Sync>>Sync Now.
This should resolve the Windows Error 5 issue.